Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Feb 7th 2007


An exciting day!!!!! today. We went to the doctor to get ultrasound scan on my 6week pregnant wife. Nervous !!!?? boy we were. About 20 minutes into the scan, the nurse pointed us to a cute little blob on the monitor and showed us the heartbeat of our 6week 3 days old baby. Did you know that at 6weeks, the baby's heart is beating twice as fast as ours !!??? We met the obstetrician who told us all about the diet and exercise plans to be followed.... and what to expect in the coming weeks. The next appointment would be five weeks from now.


Well on the work front, I tried out OpenVpn for Pocket PC. It went pretty well. I'm using a Siemens SX66 from Cingular with mobile 2003 OS. It was kinda patchy trying to edit the config file using notepad, 'cause the mobile notepad I installed would not navigate into the Program files folder. So I had to copy the files back and forth to My Documents folder and edit them. Finally I gave up on the whole idea of editing files on the mobile, and instead downloaded them onto my PC, edited them and uploaded them back to the mobile. I initially had little trouble understanding why it wouldn't pick up the certificate and key from the filesystem, but later gave up on that and added the certificates directly to the config file. After that, I was good to go. OpenVpn Client for Pocket PC worked perfectly. It connected to my corporate network. Boy mobile life is good.

On the mobile front, I had the opportunity to try out Google maps for Windows Mobile. An awesome tool I must say. It also integrates with a bluetooth GPS and can point to your location on the map. Pretty darn cool stuff. I will try out the Bluetooth integration and post it to the blog. But for now, it is a must have on my list of mobile applications.

In my next blog, I'll be posting information about Windows Fabric, a pretty cool program that microsoft plans to use sometime in future to rid you of the taskbar completly. Smart and Innovative......

No comments: